Monday, September 1, 2008

Results, Charts and Analysis - Sept 1 2008 - 10:00 AM EST

I totally forgot today was Monday and that yesterday was Sunday. Given the labor day weekend, I did not place additional trades last night (did not realize the markets were open as I thought it was Saturday). Anyhow, from this month there will be a slight change in direction. I may start trading more than 1 lot at a time.
To summarize the last 2 weeks we are about 70 pips in the negative.
The USD/CHF head and shoulders pattern did not complete the full formation and reversed stopping me out for a loss of 120 pips.
However the GBP / USD held true and in fact I had moved my limit to capture 200 pips which I have (see screenshots below). My intent was to continue to move my limit and go for higher profits, but since I did not check my account yesterday, did not get a chance to move the limits. My trade got closed for a 200 pip profit.






Head and shoulders did not complete and hold true. This will happen at times and that's just how trading goes. You take your losses and enjoy your profits. One does not have a crystal ball as to how the markets will go.






The GBP / USD made stellar returns for me. I wanted to add additional lots but the weekend was not a good opportunity and the price has already moved. However tonight I shall place additional trades



Will post my trades tonight. Once again sorry about my confusion over the days ... I was busy enjoying the weekend, but was good to get back to a closed profitable trade of 200 pips !!

2 comments:

JohnLopez 313-258-1001 realestatemichigan@yahoo.co said...

I closed out of USD/CHF with a profit of 19 pips but lost out on the GBP/USD trade of the 200 pips.

: (

docfx said...

Hi John,
great to know you made a profit. How did you loose out on the GBP/USD trade? Could you share your experience in using the signals that I have been posting so others can also benefit from this.
thanks
DocFx