Sunday, September 14, 2008

Trades for the Week beginning Sunday Sept 14 2008

Hello folks,
This week I am on vacation and will probably not be updating my blog (unless I get bored and decide to trade).
However this is my take :
The economy is in dire shape as I have maintained all along. This is what Alan Greenspan had to say:
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/14/news/economy/greenspan/index.htm?cnn=yes

Wall Street is in jitters thanks to Lehman Brothers:
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/14/news/companies/lehman_brothers/index.htm?cnn=yes

I continue to maintain we need a full one point reduction in long term mortgage rates to help stablilze the housing market and the economy.

The Hurricane Ike has caused significant damage and gas prices have shot thru the roof regardless of supply and demand in many areas of the USA. Midwest that does not rely on oil from the Gulf has still seen unprecedented oil prices above the $4.00 per gallon range inspite of cost per barrel has dropped below $100/-.
If this is not speculation and price gouging do not know what would be !!

I would be bearish on the USD this week if you do decide to place trades.

Good luck trading and hope you are profitable.

No comments: